Well, not exactly but something interesting did show-up on the old concrete basement floor that we were preparing for our epoxy vinyl flake system.
Built in the 1940’s, the VFW basement in Bryan, Ohio must have had the basement floor poured around this time of year. After we removed all the old eight inch tiles, diamond ground and started to shot-blast the surface, we discovered impressions of many leaves on the surface of the old slab.
Most of the leaves ended-up over in south-east corner of the room but there were many other leaves that we discovered around the rest of the floor. Not quite archeology – but in our line of work, it might be the closest that we get to digging-up fossils (our fossil texture application really doesn’t count).
Anyway, our floor is progressing nicely. After finally finishing grinding and getting the old tile adhesive off (after a long two and a half days), we were able to put our base coat of epoxy down and cover the floor with 1/16 inch vinyl chips (throwing chips is a bit like feeding chickens – just not as fun as eating them!).